Joe Wein's blog

Comments from Tokyo, Japan

“Work from home mum” scams (newsonlineweekly.com)

November 23rd, 2012 · 11 Comments

Almost two years ago I wrote about “Work from Home Mum” scams. Right now I see this type of scam mostly advertised via paid website ads. A year ago it was mostly advertised via spam sent from hacked Yahoo email accounts, which of course is totally criminal.

The advertised websites still look very similar. A recent example is newsonlineweekly.com. When I opened it, the headline read “EXPOSED: Shizuoka-shi Mum Makes $7,397/Month From Home And You Won’t Believe How She Does It!” The internet provider I was accessing from was in Shizuoka, Japan. When I opened the same site from a webhoster based in Nuremberg, Germany, it came back as “EXPOSED: Nuremberg Mum Makes $7,397/Month From Home And You Won’t Believe How She Does It!” Their server looks up what city your IP address is associated with and puts that into the headline.

If you click on the link to sign up, it takes you to a site called “onlineincomesolution.com” where you’re asked for your name, email address and phone number. The small print mentions that you’re placing an order for “Acai Lipo” for £99.97 and another £99.97 for “Quick Detox” (the price was probably shown in UK Sterling because my browser is set for English (UK)).

They are still using deceptive advertising to trick housewives and mothers into sending them money hoping to be able to support their families. They are targeting people for their scam who are out of work and short of money. How sick is that?

Tags: scams

11 responses so far ↓

• 1 Cpt. Iglo // Nov 24, 2012 at 00:34

Checked it: newsonlineweekly.com associates my IP address with Amersfoort, which is less than thirty miles of target.

• 2 “Work from home mum” scams (newsonlineweekly.com) // Nov 24, 2012 at 00:38

[...] ‘“Work from home mum” scams‘. 23-11-2012 16.38 | Door: Stagiaire | Categorie: IP-vanger en aanverwant, Losse [...]

• 3 ws // Jan 1, 2013 at 15:43

I just experienced the same here. Time to start a campaign to have legitimate websites deny the display space to all such scam advertisements.

• 4 The “$5 wrinkle trick” (TruVisage, PurEssance) trial trap // Jan 8, 2013 at 16:05

[...] deception used in these ads is very similar to the tricks used in the “Work at home mom” scam and the target population may be similar [...]

• 5 salsa // Jan 28, 2013 at 12:35

thank’s for info

that really help me…

• 6 Inga Vatileni // Apr 4, 2013 at 05:55

I want to join this bussines how can I join please
    help me to do it also .

usatodayz.com
    workathomejobreports.com
    workathomejobsreports.com
    workfromhomebizblog.com

• 8 imman // May 31, 2013 at 02:16

Here in Nairobi heading reads “Nairobi Mum Makes $7,397/Month From Home
    And You Won’t Believe How She Does It!”

the reply section is closed with a lie message, “Comments have been closed due to spam. Please check back later.” and the response dates keep on updating with same messages.

This bogus thing has its advert in thefreeonlinedictionary.com with title “I make $260 everyday”
    well this is total shit.I almost enrolled but thank God I found this site that warned me.

• 9 matende // May 31, 2013 at 02:43

A simple prove that the “Work from home mum” is a scam. just go to there advertising web (newsonlineweekly.com). Every link you click including the link to show you weather patterns will lead your to page that will guide your to give your details including credit card No.

• 10 Joe Wein // Oct 13, 2013 at 10:47

More ads, advertising the same contents via these domains:

financereports24.com
    financereports24-7.com
    financereports247.com
    financereportsweb.com
    financereportsonline.com

• 11 vaga // Jan 26, 2014 at 08:47

is financereport24.com a legitimate website that help people to make some passive income or it just a scam?